AIZAWL, Aug 23: A meeting chaired by Chief Minister Zoramthanga on Saturday, which was attended by State Chief Secretary Lalnunmawia Chuaungo and leaders of Young Mizo Association, the state’s largest civil society organisation, decided to write a letter to the Ministry of Home Affairs about the recent “breach of entry protocols” by the Assam Rifles while entering Mizoram. 

An official statement said the meeting took a serious note of a team of Assam Rifles personnel refusing to comply with standard operating protocols set by the State government for persons entering Mizoram. 
Mizoram Govt. and Assam Rifles

The SOP said anyone entering Mizoram should undergo mandatory medical screening for COVID-19 at the Vairengte entry point on the AssamMizoram border. Mizoram government alleged that the team of Assam Rifles last week gate-crashed and refused to undergo screening. 

“The meeting took a serious note of the Assam Rifles team refusing to comply with the State government’s guidelines while the State government and the public at large have been taking every precaution to contain the spread of COVID-19 pandemic, the paramilitary force’s refusal to attend the Independence Day function and other incidents,” it said. ~Assam Tribune

Post a comment

Powered by Blogger.